Monday, September 18, 2006

I've Been Tagged

Katy tagged me. That means I get to answer these questions on my blog. That is good, because I haven't been keeping up, yet again. Here we go...

1: Do you like the look and the contents of your blog?
I do enjoy it for its asthetic purposes. I kindof wish that I had the attention to learn how to do more cool stuff with it like you do, Katy. Oh well. Someday perhaps. I like that its black. It reminds me of the sky at night when the stars are good to look at. That's a prime daydreaming time and probably why I chose this color scheme. As for the contents...I didn't really intend for my blog to be a "diary" of sorts, but most days when I actually sit down to write something, my creative energy is zilch. Its a good goal to have, to spice it up a bit...since I just got a job as a creative writing tutor. Yikes.

2: Does your family know about your blog?
Um...no. But its nothing personal. They're not internet type people. If they were, I'd show them.

3: Can you tell your friends about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
I actually feel weird telling people, "Hey I have a blog now, go read it." It feels strange. Kinda like saying, "OOOOH wanna see my vacation pictures?" Which, you know, everyone always wants to show their pictures but not necessarily 250 of the same tree. I'm guilty of it too, though. I guess this question kindof reminds me of something my high school English teacher once said..."Everyone hates their own writing like they hate the smell of their own farts." It was a strange thing to say, and not quite sure its true. But I think he was implying that people are often embarrassed of their writing because they are afraid its no good, but secretly they think it might be special and maybe, just maybe, if they share it others might agree. I'm not sure if the same is true for farts, but that's ok.
Anyways, did I answer the question? No, not yet. Yes, there's a link to my blog in my AIM profile, so no it is not private. I've told I think three people directly that I have a blog. The rest of my readers figured it out on their own. The way I wanted it to be.

4: Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? or you try to discover new blogs?
Hmm. You know, I only read the blogs of my friends. I guess I should branch out. BUT, I actually do read Gitsie Girl, because she's even more obsessed with Lost than I am, and dedicates her blog to theories and news about the show.

5: Did your blog positively affect your mind? Give an example.
Hate to sound unenlightened, but no I don't think so. I can tell you that my favorite entry was the one I wrote about socks. I think that is the one time that I used the blog for its intended purpose. A random thought database.

6: What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? Do you use a traffic counter? I have no idea who reads my blog. I know Katy does from time to time, and Mel as well. I think Brynne checked it out once or twice. I recently learned that Caitlin and Hayley and Jen and The Hoh check in at times. That's cool. Beyond that, I have absolutely no clue.

7: Did you imagine how other bloggers look like?
All the other people I know who have blogs, are already friends from former lives. Like I said, I ought to branch out. (That's the second time I used "ought" and its reminding me of Mariana, my Belsh friend, who couldn't pronounce "ought" and other words. Saturday we ought to go to the beach with Todd...or something like that.)

8: Do you think blogging has any real benefit?
For me, it's just fun.

9: Do you think that the blogsphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world?
That's a weird question. No...unless those inside want it to be. Unless they believe it is. I don't.

10: Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them.
I've never read a political blog. But yeah, it would probably scare me.

11: Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?
Well yeah, since I just realized that I haven't been using my blog for its originally intended purpose and now pledge to try to do that more, it sure is.

12: Have you ever thought about what happen to your blog in case you died.
Its not really on the top of my concerns list. (Awe, Katy, you're cute.)

13: Which blogger had the greatest impression on you?
KATY, because reading hers made me want my own.

14: Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you.
None. All my blogger friends are quite different.

15: Name a song you want to listen to?
I have "The Wizard and I" stuck in my head. I should listen to Wicked to relieve my brain.

16: Ask five bloggers to answer these question on their blogs.
Well, since I only know three others and one of them is the one who tagged me, I suppose I can only ask Jen and Dan (Hoh).

1 Comments:

Blogger Billy Jones said...

Katy tagged me too. I'd say you're in good company.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home