Monica's Shower
Yesterday, I drove all the way to Tarrytown and back for my friend Monica's bridal shower, which I can now talk about because it is no
longer a secret...since she already knows she had it already. Unfortunately, only two out of seven other P2ers (not including me and Monica) could go...but we still made the best of it, and actually grew to enjoy our awkwardness in the mostly Spanish speaking environment.Brynne and I, for example, were able to use social cues to know when is the appropriate moment to laugh at a joke. When Monica was chatting with her family, presumably telling a story, my six-years-out-of-the-Spanish-classroom ears heard something like "la blabla de la blabidy-bla los blabos en la bla bla...TRABAJO!" At which point everybody laughed...Brynne and myself included. Hey, we're not idiots.
Later, when the music had stopped for a few minutes, Monica's mother fixed the situation by breaking out into song, and then explained, "Yo canto." I, helpful friend that I am, then turned to Brynne and explained, "she just said 'I'm singing.'"
For food, Caitlin and I shared a very interesting seafood dish (that I wasn't sure I could eat all by myself). Caitlin ate the shrimp and some other stuff. I ate avadado and calamari (first a tentacle, then a neck). It tasted like Pico de Gallo to me. Which, you know, pretty good if you've never had it.
While Monica opened her gifts, I was in charge of taping her bows and ribbons to a straw hat. This, was actually, not at all possible because the hat was non-receptive to the tape. So I weaved and tied the ribbons and bows to the hat instead. I must say, Monica did look quite beautiful in it when it was all finished. Not that she isn't always beautiful though.Today, I went to the All Cape Best Buddies Prom. We had a really good time. Got to miss school, got to take a ride in a limo, got to eat yummy pizza, and got to dance to "This One's For the Girls" not once, not twice, but three times! Whew! Yeah...good times. I also got to see a few of my old friends from Nauset, which made me happy, and chatted (finally) with the very cute TA from DY, who, turns out, has like a four-month-old baby. Whatever. Lol.
In other news, I heard Taylor on the radio today, and it made me really happy (if only because after being determined to do so, I had followed him through the competition since his first audition). Great job, Taylor. Yes, you do make me proud.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home