Saturday, May 20, 2006

Goodbye Mickey

I just got home from Katy's where we watched Mickey's last episode of Doctor Who. Fascinated, I'm sure this is not, to anyone but me (except maybe Katy), but I was really very sad. Mickey was a character who was originally a throwaway, the pathetic guy left behind for our hero. He later was given more time on screen as the comic relief, the role we all started to love him in, but I always knew that he had more potential than that. I think anyone has potential and any character written to be uninteresting, or pathetic, or only good for a laugh, is unrealistic. Everyone has dimensions, and tonight, just when Mickey's were finally beginning to really take center stage, he leaves us to live on a parallel Earth to take care of his grandmother and liberate Paris or some crap like that. No, its good for Mickey. He's found his place in the universe and a world that will appreciate him.

Hey, I just ranted about a fictional character. Well, I could pretend to be ashamed or embarrassed about that, but anyone who knows me knows I'm capable of WAAAAAY more than 125 words (give or take) on that particular subject.

Well, anyways. Goodbye Mickey, I will miss you.

Katy's much more eloquent than I am though.

1 Comments:

Blogger katy said...

if by eloquent mean "puts pictures in her posts" then erm, yeah.

ryan keeps telling me that it won't be the last we see of mickey smith, but i don't believe him. nope.

we've downloaded a version without the commentator for blind people. maybe i'll get him to burn you a copy of that too, so you an watch it without the "roses long blond hair blows in the wind as she clings to the rope ladder..."

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home