Thursday, April 27, 2006

Stories of a Stranger

A couple weeks ago I went to visit a friend and we went to an O.A.R. concert. I had heard of them when I was a freshman and knew and enjoyed one song called "That was a Crazy Game of Poker." At the concert I was surprised (but not that much) to see how popular they really were. They performed most of the songs from their newest album called "Stories of a Stranger" and a couple old songs. The concert was a LOT of fun. I didn't know any songs, really, but I was on my feet the whole time, dancing, clapping, screaming like a stupid girl fan (but whatev; I had fun). The crowd was nuts, I'd never seen crowd surfers before. To be fair, though, the only concerts I'd ever been to before this were Kelly Clarkson, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, The Beach Boys, Sharon Lois and Bram (you know, the Elephant show?), and a Christian rock band called All Together Separate. When they finished, the crowd was so excited that they came out and performed one more song from "Stories" and then, because the crowd was chanting "POKER POKER POKER," they FINALLY did the one song I knew. It was so great. Leave it to me to only know that most popular song by a less than mainstream band. I'm so cultured. Anyway, I went out and bought the cd last week and I'm falling more and more in love with it every day. Basically, this long winded post is to recommend the cd and try to convice anyone who might read it to give it a try. You can listen to almost any song at their website, so check it out. O.A.R, by the way, stands for Of A Revolution. That's just so cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home