Funny Story
For Christmas, my brother got me a sound dock system for my ipod. It is supposed to be able to run both on batteries and elecrically. Yeah, well electrically was easy. You just plug it in. But for some reason, I could never get it to work on batteries. I had been using rechargable batteries so I thought maybe they aren't strong enough, whatever that's supposed to mean in my rediculous logic. So a couple weeks ago I tried using the batteries from my tv remote. No dice. I started to get really sad, because its an excellent, little portable device that is just lovely to take with me places, but its just so silly with the big stupid cord.
So anyways, one Friday, months ago when I had it with me in the car, I brought it into work and we listened to music at school. Fridays are pretty low key days so it was really quite nice. Then last week, I didn't bring it in, and they asked "Hey, Mrs. DeSimone (because no matter how many times I try to explain to them I'm not married, they insist on calling me Mrs.), do you have your ipod today?" And I said, "well yes I do, but I don't have the speakers. I'll bring it in next Friday."
So I did. Now...we sell batteries in our school store. $0.30 each. Not bad, eh? I bought two. Figured, maybe THESE will get this bad boy to work. No dice again. I'm really starting to get frustrated about it. Why don't batteries make it work? Is a wire lose or something? Maybe the machine is telling me to put the batteries in one way, when in fact they have to go in the other way. Yeah. Maybe that's it. So I go to change the batteries around, look in the little battery compartment and guess what? No batteries in it. WHAT? I JUST PUT THEM IN? I'm getting really confused. Then, what to my wondering eyes should appear? Another little battery compartment on the other side of the sound dock, like symmetrically. It was the one I had already put batteries in (without paying attention to what side it was on). Those sound dock designers like "symmetricity." Well, I went back to the school store, bought two more batteries, and TADAAAAA! YEAH, so my sound dock needed FOUR batteries, not TWO. And that is why it never worked on two batteries before (rechargable or not). Everyone laughed at me. Mike said, "wow, did you feel like an idiot?" Well yes, I truly did.
But the good news is, now my sound dock runs on batteries.
So anyways, one Friday, months ago when I had it with me in the car, I brought it into work and we listened to music at school. Fridays are pretty low key days so it was really quite nice. Then last week, I didn't bring it in, and they asked "Hey, Mrs. DeSimone (because no matter how many times I try to explain to them I'm not married, they insist on calling me Mrs.), do you have your ipod today?" And I said, "well yes I do, but I don't have the speakers. I'll bring it in next Friday."
So I did. Now...we sell batteries in our school store. $0.30 each. Not bad, eh? I bought two. Figured, maybe THESE will get this bad boy to work. No dice again. I'm really starting to get frustrated about it. Why don't batteries make it work? Is a wire lose or something? Maybe the machine is telling me to put the batteries in one way, when in fact they have to go in the other way. Yeah. Maybe that's it. So I go to change the batteries around, look in the little battery compartment and guess what? No batteries in it. WHAT? I JUST PUT THEM IN? I'm getting really confused. Then, what to my wondering eyes should appear? Another little battery compartment on the other side of the sound dock, like symmetrically. It was the one I had already put batteries in (without paying attention to what side it was on). Those sound dock designers like "symmetricity." Well, I went back to the school store, bought two more batteries, and TADAAAAA! YEAH, so my sound dock needed FOUR batteries, not TWO. And that is why it never worked on two batteries before (rechargable or not). Everyone laughed at me. Mike said, "wow, did you feel like an idiot?" Well yes, I truly did.
But the good news is, now my sound dock runs on batteries.

1 Comments:
i can't tell is that's a distinctly danielle thing to do, or more like something that would happen to lauren...
Post a Comment
<< Home