Almost Home Thoughts
Right now, I have to say, I'm loving TNT. Why am I loving TNT? Because TNT is playing Lord of the Rings like EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND. Why is this such a big deal? Really, it's not. I have all three extended editions on dvd. I can watch those any time I want without commercials. But then I'd have to turn the TV to video 2, turn on the DVD player, load the DVD, meneuver through the menu...it's all very exhausting. When Lord of the Rings in on TNT, all I have to do is put the TV on when I'm bored and flip around...LO AND BEHOLD there it is.
Now...WHY am I so happy for Lord of the Rings to be on? Well, because it's December. December is Lord of the Rings month. December was the month I first fell in love with Lord of the Rings, December was the month I would look forward to for two more years for the next installments. December was the month I would look forward to for three more years to get my special edition DVD's for Christmas from cousin Debbie. It really just doesn't seem like the holiday season without hearing Howard Shore's score playing along with the sounds of grunting orcs and screaming hobbits. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it all. And I have TNT to thank for reminding me.
More thoughts: I'm SOOO almost done. One more final in Anatomy. It's Monday night. Let me just tell you how unmotivated I am to study for it. I have a 99 average in the class. I could get a 50/100 on the written and a 25/50 on the lab practical and still walk away with an 86. I'm still gonna study, but I refuse to stress over it. I refuse so strongly, that I really wish I had Adam Sandler's remote control thing so I could just skip over the next three days and be home with my family.
Some good things though. Tomorrow Nick and I are taking Noni to see The Nutcracker. Should be quite fun. Our seats suck! But whatever, it's the Nutcracker. Tonight, I may see "The Pursuit of Happiness" with Janet, Shafiqah, and Lil (my OT girls). See how much I just DON'T care about studying. I should be concerned...but I'm not (see statement about refusing to stress).
As for a final reflection on the semester, with the exception of this weekend because I am practicing some pretty LAME studying habits, I am quite proud of my accomplishments this semester. It was rough, and I wasn't always on top of my game, but I survived, and I learned a TON (can you measure learning in weight? no I don't think so, but I just did). I'm ready to kick back in my favorite green chair in my living room and watch all my favorite Christmas movies (and some more Lord of the Rings probably), and play with my puppies, and FORGET IT ALL! (no just kidding, please , God, don't let me forget it all.)
A-igit. That's all folks. Happy Holidays one and all!
Now...WHY am I so happy for Lord of the Rings to be on? Well, because it's December. December is Lord of the Rings month. December was the month I first fell in love with Lord of the Rings, December was the month I would look forward to for two more years for the next installments. December was the month I would look forward to for three more years to get my special edition DVD's for Christmas from cousin Debbie. It really just doesn't seem like the holiday season without hearing Howard Shore's score playing along with the sounds of grunting orcs and screaming hobbits. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it all. And I have TNT to thank for reminding me.
More thoughts: I'm SOOO almost done. One more final in Anatomy. It's Monday night. Let me just tell you how unmotivated I am to study for it. I have a 99 average in the class. I could get a 50/100 on the written and a 25/50 on the lab practical and still walk away with an 86. I'm still gonna study, but I refuse to stress over it. I refuse so strongly, that I really wish I had Adam Sandler's remote control thing so I could just skip over the next three days and be home with my family.
Some good things though. Tomorrow Nick and I are taking Noni to see The Nutcracker. Should be quite fun. Our seats suck! But whatever, it's the Nutcracker. Tonight, I may see "The Pursuit of Happiness" with Janet, Shafiqah, and Lil (my OT girls). See how much I just DON'T care about studying. I should be concerned...but I'm not (see statement about refusing to stress).
As for a final reflection on the semester, with the exception of this weekend because I am practicing some pretty LAME studying habits, I am quite proud of my accomplishments this semester. It was rough, and I wasn't always on top of my game, but I survived, and I learned a TON (can you measure learning in weight? no I don't think so, but I just did). I'm ready to kick back in my favorite green chair in my living room and watch all my favorite Christmas movies (and some more Lord of the Rings probably), and play with my puppies, and FORGET IT ALL! (no just kidding, please , God, don't let me forget it all.)
A-igit. That's all folks. Happy Holidays one and all!

1 Comments:
I found the same marathon. But in German.
German/Elvish together is an odd tongue.
Post a Comment
<< Home